Wednesday, December 1, 2010

time to SEARCH and a time to QUIT SEARCHING

Ecc 3: There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven.

There is a time to search and a time to quit searching.
In September I realized that I was spending large amounts of time on a search for something-- love, worth, affirmation, acceptance-- only to discover that I'd been searching in all the wrong places. My own efforts left me circling, looking for life on my own terms, when what I really needed to do was quit searching for a loophole or an exception or my own way.
Sometimes we look to another person to provide things they cannot ultimately provide for us-- validation of our worth or identity. But if we would just quit searching for the things that satisfy us on earth and truly search and seek out the only one who provide everything for us, our treasures will be stored in heaven. For eternity. So much more worth in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment