Sunday, October 17, 2010

time to KILL and a time to HEAL

Ecc. 3: There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven.

There is a time to kill and a time to heal.
Killing fear is not an easy task to accomplish. Killing anything in your life that holds you back, that takes you captive, that blinds you from the true reality of who you are can be daunting chores. And of course a chore cannot be achieved without taking a risk.
In my own life a risk killed fear's power, and I was, for one brief second... brave.
The voices of fear began clamoring once again, and I knew the only way to silence them was to do the very thing I wanted to avoid... believe that I needed healing.

In the process of killing, healing needs to obtain its course as well.
Realizing that we are stained with dirt and taking the risk to push through the dirt becomes the first step to seeing the beauty God created. Beauty posseses great power to heal.
The beauty was lost to be, and all the things I loved were forgotten in lieu of all the things I thought I needed to be. In order for me to kill the fear that had be packed into my life, I needed to dig deep and heal. For the risk was much easier to take, knowing nothing was holding me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment