Friday, May 17, 2013

un año

One year ago today, I stepped off the plane for the second time in the Dominican Republic; this time traveling alone to spend my summer serving the people God has placed here. I never expected all that would transpire, nor did I expect my heart to be broken, stretched, molded, and grown. It was amazing to me that I could feel and understand the depth of Jesus' love towards me, through the people I encountered and grew to know. My fellow interns, Jess, Chelsie, and the varsity volleyball girls were among the many people God placed around me to teach me about His love. I have been blessed with the opportunity to return for yet another adventurous summer, and to continue to see Jesus' affection and character revealed towards me and His people.

No comments:

Post a Comment