Saturday, November 20, 2010

Love Hurts Sometimes

“I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.”– Mother Teresa
I’m not really a fan of the idea that love hurts. Who is?
But if you and I are two broken, imperfect people trying to love each other, then there is bound to be hurt. You might even be able to say that there is no real love without hurt, because to love means to be vulnerable and open to hurt. And because I’m really a mess, and don’t have it all together… when someone is vulnerable, I’ll probably end up doing something hurtful. Eventually..
Wish it weren’t true, but it is.

So why do we keep loving?
Well, because we’re made to...maybe. Because we’re desperate for it... maybe. Because we think we should...maybe. Because it’s worth it. yah, I’m pretty sure it’s worth it.
We love through hurt and unfaithfulness and tears because of 1 John and 1 Corinthians 13…
we LOVE because He first LOVED us. He loves with the only perfect kind of love. An unfailing love. A love we will never be able to express.

That’s what I’ve been thinking about lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment