Thursday, September 30, 2010

Eloquence of Love

I am inspired by sweet melodies. Inspired by the kindness in people. Inspired by the beauty of nature. Inspired by rich words in an ancient book. I am inspired by the eloquence of love. I am inspired to be something or do something bigger than myself. We can all be inspired, either for good or for evil; and depending on that, we can inspire someone else. I’ve been inspired by all these things in my life. I think the most important one or the one in which has truly been pressed upon my heart lately is the eloquence of love. Because if I speak with human articulacy and angelic ecstasy but do not love, I’m nothing but the creaking of an old gate. If I speak God’s word with power, revealing all His mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith to move a mountain, but I do not love, then I’m nothing. If I give everything to the poor and even go to the sake of being burned as a martyr, but do not love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m lost without love.

No comments:

Post a Comment